BE CAREFUL TO READ THE IMPORTANT NOTES – Make sure that all safety and operational aspects are observed before starting the device setup.
INSTALLATION GUIDE OPT.SENSE
ASSEMBLY AND INSTALLATION
The opt.sense measuring device is intended for the fixed installation in the building installation DIN rails TS35 in distributors and busbar distributors within closed rooms. Before installation, the device must be checked for any transport damage.
Mount the device:
- Place the device with the upper retaining lug on the top-hat rail.
- Let the device click into place on the top-hat rail.
The opt.sense multifunction measuring device is able to measure 1-, 2- or 3-phase and can
be used in two-wire, three-wire or four-wire TN, TT and IT networks. The for the
The user must select a suitable type of connection for each application. Only qualified personal is allowed to install the system and it has to be carried out, taking into account all safety and operational aspects for electrical systems.
- Voltage Connection:
- Connect the fused voltage taps to the Push&Click voltage inputs L1 / L2 / L3. Use the neutral voltage tap for voltage input N.
- Current Connection:
- Connect the current transformers secondary channel for phase L1 / L2 / L3 to the Push&Click current inputs S1 / S2. Make sure to follow the guidelines and polarities of the current transformers.
- Machine Connection
Follow the guidelines of electrical engineering and carry out the connection of the measuring units to the distribution of the machine. It requires qualified and trained personnel to carry out the installation taking into account the safety and operational requirements.
- Establish the connection of the voltage fused taps to the insulated conductor to be measured.
- Establish the connection of the current clamps to the insulated conductor to be measured.
- Check all connections and ensure that all safety and operational aspects are met within the installation.
RUN & VERIFY
The opt.sense measuring device will be registered in the network and connects automatically to the Virtual Network in the Olmatic Cloud. You can use the following steps to verify everything is working properly.
- Check the LEDs on the device directly to check if powering via the voltage connection is established.
- Check and scan your network for the opt.sense device with corresponding MAC on the device label
- Connect via SSH and verify the network configuration
- Login to the Olmatic IoT and check if the sensor device is actively registered and online