BE CAREFUL TO READ THE IMPORTANT NOTES – Make sure that all safety and operational aspects are observed before starting the device setup.
INSTALLATION GUIDE OPT.CONTROL
ASSEMBLY AND INSTALLATION
The opt.control IoT Edge Gateway is intended for the fixed installation in the building installation DIN rails TS35 in distributors and busbar distributors within closed rooms. Before installation, the device must be checked for any transport damage.
Mount the device:
- Place the device with the upper retaining lug on the top-hat rail.
- Let the device click into place on the top-hat rail by releasing the metal bolt.
- Connect 230VAC power supply to the devices power input.
- Connect Ethernet cable from your network infrastructure to ethernet port X1 of the device. Either integrate it directly into your local network or use any client device for direct connection via SSH (make sure your edge gateway is configured accordingly before setting it up).
WiFi Access Point (optional):
- Connect the WiFi Access Point for integrating a secured local network infrastructure for radio communication between the gateway (opt.control) and the sensors (opt.sense)
- Connect Ethernet cable between WiFi Access Point LAN and ethernet port X2 of the device.
- Gateway IP: 192.168.0.110
- Access Point IP: 192.168.0.111
The opt.control IoT Edge Gateway have to be configured to meet your local networks requirements. Without any pre configuration by the Olmatic Service Team please use the following instructions to configure the network settings otherwise you can skip this part.
- Connect ethernet cable from your client device (PC, Laptop, …) to the ethernet port X1 of the opt.control device.
- Use SSH to connect to the opt.control device – Default IP: 192.168.2.100
- Use your credentials to login into the device
- Use the following guideline for configuring your network settings: https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-configure-static-ip-address-on-ubuntu-18-04/
RUN & VERIFY
The opt.control IoT Edge Gateway will be registered in the network and connects automatically to the Virtual Network in the Olmatic Cloud. You can use the following steps to verify everything is working properly.
- Check and scan your network for the opt.control device with corresponding MAC on the device label
- Connect via SSH and verify the network configuration
- Login to the Olmatic IoT and check if the IoT Edge Gateway is actively registered and online